I’ve often wondered… and, on occasion been a tad envious. How do allocations of these awards get decided? Why does blog so-and-so or page this-and-that get nominated? Envy is a hard task master. Then… on a morning a few weeks ago, I get a surprise. A fellow blogger has nominated OMBH for the Versatile Blogger Award.
I am slightly taken aback… and, secretly (not any longer) delighted! As I mentioned above… I have often wondered. Now I can proudly display the badge. I am a tad bashful about the blog being called versatile. Why? I’ll throw in a few definitions… maybe that will shed a ray or two of light…
- Able to adapt or be adapted to many different functions or activities
- Changeable; inconstant.
Versatile : Synonyms
- Many-sided – all-round – multilateral
Now… having seen all of that I’m quite happy to say I am honoured that Diane thought of me when electing her favourites. Honoured and more than a little chuffed!
Here are the rules for the award.
- Display the Award Certificate on your website
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself
Before I nominate 15 blogs and their bloggers… I have to stress again, there are so many great ones out there. I must add that my time constraints do affect my visits to your blogs. I had to make a few decisions a little while ago. If I was to to keep blogging the way I want to, something had to go. TV has gone from my room… that was one happy bit of serendipity. I obviously miss the convenience. The other sacrifice? I cannot spend as much time reading the blogs of others now that I’m working full-time again. Sorry… but, thank you none the less for always returning to my humble OMBH!!
So here goes… in no particular order… maybe just a slight bit of bias thrown in here or there…
There you have it! 15 Nominations from me. If I was asked on the QT I may well have said 15 is a sightly high number. Maybe 5 or 10? Then I instantly reprimand by myself… if that was the case then I wouldn’t have received a nomination in the first place as OMBH appears in the lucky 13th position on Diane’s list.
So… now for the hard part… where in the world do I find 7 interesting things to share with you about myself? Meek, mild-mannered folk like me are too boring to tell you any interesting news…
- I’m a Saffer living in Ireland, nothing special in that. I don’t, however, know too many others who have walked both the Royal and Grand Canals. Hopefully I’ll be the first ‘blow-in’ to complete what is known as the Green and Silver. I only need to walk the section along the Shannon between the ends of the two canals. (Read all about it on the Royal & Grand Walks pages…)
- I’m a rather confused individual. I have two opposing sides to my character… the artist/ writer and engineer… so, to lessen my mental anguish, I created AJ Vosse… the alter ego set-up works just fine. I do, however, on occasion get the two mixed up… tending to cause more confusion.
- I hate rap music… well, I don’t define it as music… I define it as a senseless, toneless, brainless, unnecessary, noisy assault on the ears… and civilization! Well… maybe that’s not something interesting… just a fact of life.
- We have lived through two recessions… two countries, two sets of having to adapt and adjust and (hopefully) recover. I must say, writing has been a saving grace! It has allowed the mind to expand. Two such periods also strengthened the Faith ever so much.
- My idea of a travel project will entail buying a barge… a big one, then starting off from the North Sea at Amsterdam, stopping as often as possible alone the Rhine until passing through the Main Canal into the Danube. All the while stopping, writing and living. Exploring every country… all the cultures. Once arriving in the Black Sea it will be time to head south to the Med… still visiting every country along the way. Eventually heading for France, and then ultimately back to Amsterdam. What a round trip!! (I can expand the concept… the opportunities are almost endless!)
- I love the outdoors… one day, when I grow up, I’d like to live that lifestyle again. If Africa can’t be the place then somewhere in Portugal will do just fine! The Atlantic is in my blood… well, at this point it’s flushed out the Indian…
- While I’m on the topic of growing up… I hope my dreams come true and I can pay for all the things I still want to do… earning my living by writing!!
There you have it… I’ve waffled on again… but just in parting, thanks again to Diane for thinking enough of OMBH to pass on a few highly appreciated comments as well as the nomination. I hope, in turn… my post will bring a bit of joy to others!