I’ve often wondered about all the blog awards that are round. I’ve privately thought about my blogging… comparing it to the blogs of others. I have on occasion thought it may be good to receive an award… good to stick something in the side bar… just below the hits counter… something to make OMBH seem a little more important.
I’ve often wondered if all the effort I put in is not simply a waste of time… only done for my personal gratification and the occasional amusement of the odd lad here or the odd lass there. Until yesterday morning. I’m not going to say I was over the moon… well, initially not. Until I went over to Jennifer’s ‘My Sardinian Life’. There was my link… my blog on her list. I can’t repeat her words here… they put me to shame… embarrassed, blushing! Thank you Jennifer… I think you made my week!
OK… the award?
The Reality Blog Award…
Jennifer has nominated OMBH for the award… note, only nominated OMBH. I don’t know if I’ll be a recipient… maybe. Whatever, it is rather gratifying to know there are folk out there who care. I know the regulars care because they always return… they always comment. None-the-less… I don’t recall ever being nominated before.
SO… I’ll continue the process by including all the details below…
Rules for The Reality Blog Award
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
2. Answer the five questions.
3. Nominate 3 deserving blogs.
The Reality Blog Award 5 Questions
1. If you should change one thing, what would it be?
Stop the wanton slaughter in my country of birth… bring peace, please!!!
2. If you could relive one day, which would it be?
My April wedding day… some day, some party… some life afterward…
3. What’s one thing that really scares you?
Ill health or suffering of a family member
4. What’s one dream you have not completed yet and do you think you will be able to complete it?
Earn a great income from writing… by great I mean… comfortable, to travel… to continue writing, to eat, drink wine… travel, enjoy and write. Let’s hope!!
5. If you could be someone else for a day, who would it be?
Gary Player on the day he won his first Open! Or, maybe Chris Barnard on the day he did the first heart transplant… or, Nelson Mandela… or, or… or, OK… I’ll stop. (I could think of quite a few others… Leonard Cohen singing in Dublin on the 15th of Sept 2012… )
So… who will the 3 bloggers be that get my nod? Again, there are quite a few… but mostly I’ll go for a few of my old favourites. (I hope they don’t all have to be WP blogs… )
I think though, I have to first exclude a few… Jennifer, the lady who nominated me… I don’t think I can renominate her, can I? Also my good mate Witchy back in SA… if she is still active then it must be in another guise…
So… without a doubt I have to give you FOUR! Why, because they are the most important cyber folk I know. I’ve said on more than one occasion that I want to spend real-time with each and ever one of them some day. I’ll list them, in no particular order…
- My friend Firefly back in my hometown… he often brings a smile to my face when I least expect to smile. He often has a word of encouragement or on the odd occasion commiseration… thanks friend!
- Sallyann… of course! I cannot think of blogging without giving my near neighbour a shout! At times I feel I can reach out and touch her… so vivid the pictures, both mental and cyber… I hope her wishes all come true! And, the visits to the dentist come to a painless end! Thanks for sharing so much…
- Sheila’s stunning images… I can’t get enough of them. They inspire… the bless… they bring smiles on the dullest of days! The lady has a special touch, of that I’m sure! Thanks, you show many the way! 😉
- Thank you Geogypsy for all your positive interaction… for showing us the fantastic Grand Canyon… for making us all envious! Thanks for the kind words of support… they are special!
OK… I’ve really said enough… apart from pointing out one small error in Jennifer’s summation of my attributes. The word author appears. I wish! I thought authors were persons who made a living from published work while writers remained struggling souls… that makes me a writer! 😉
A special Dublin photo… just for Jennifer… it’s the recession hit empty building on the Grand Canal Dock, opposite the Theater. Only thing… on Friday evening one of the rooms was lit up… and flash photography was happening inside… I wondered what it way be that was going on… scary movie or dirty pics? Who knows?
Last but not least, thanks to JR (No… not the one from Texas) for doctoring the little laptop back to life… long may the thing remain with us yet! Also, the internet finally made it to the new house… finally!! A few other things happened as well but I’ll spare you the gory details.